TEL 0845 30 10 365 | DELIVERY CHARGES | YOUR SHOPPING BAG | CHECKOUT

Friday, February 8, 2013

Are increasing numbers of students turning to equestrianism?

During university, I think I was quite a restrained student. Although I visited the pub on regular occasions, my alcohol consumption was always quite sensible. Instead of spending copious amounts of time at the bar, I joined societies, clubs, and other organisations.

Consequently, I think I experienced university life to the full – without drinking to excess.

Enough of the nostalgia, what does this have to do with equestrianism?

I read an article on the Guardian website recently which suggested increasing numbers of students were abandoning binge drinking and instead taking part in other pursuits. A spokesman from Leeds University said, "We've noticed in our bars and clubs that students are drinking less when they are out."

He added, "Although night-time drinking may be less popular, we have seen a significant interest in membership to our clubs and societies, so students participating in a massive range of activities with their friends from skydiving to equestrianism and everything in between."

It appears, as other universities are allegedly reporting similar trends, that increasing numbers of students could be taking up horse riding instead of hitting the town. If so, this can only be a good thing.

Having said this, I hope these students can afford proper equestrian clothing, such as riding hats and boots. After all, I can remember struggling to pay both my heating and electricity bills...

Photo © Sterling College via Flickr under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home