TEL 0845 30 10 365 | DELIVERY CHARGES | YOUR SHOPPING BAG | CHECKOUT

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mary King celebrates her half century!

5 Olympic appearances, 6 team World and European gold medals and 4 British Open titles over a career of 30 years, Mary King is a true legend in the equestrian world and will be celebrating her 50th Birthday this month by sailing around Croatia.

"I feel rather guilty having a week off as I leave for Luhmühlen with Apache Sauce the day after I get home," said Mary.

Don’t threat, she won’t be hanging up her riding boots just yet with the hunger to ride in London Olympics next year despite being the most senior member of the team.

Mary explained: "I am still feeling very fit and hungry for success, so slowing down is certainly not on the cards at the moment."

Mary was asked if she would be retiring after London 2012 Olympics but is even considering 2016 Rio Olympics which she would be the same age as Badmintons oldest winner, Mark Todd.

"My son Freddie kept asking me the same question and I told him possibly after London 2012, but when he found out that Rio was hosting the next Games, he gave me permission to keep going until 2016 — he's a huge football fan and is very keen to go to Brazil."

"Now Toddy's back on the scene it makes me feel young again" joked Mary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home